Our top-rated Palatine, IL, orthodontists work daily to help transform smiles. A great smile transforms more than just your look; it can boost confidence and self-esteem. To choose between orthodontic treatment options such as Invisalign® or Damon self-ligating metal braces, it’s essential to consider important facts about them both.
Your Palatine, IL, orthodontics office offers Invisalign as an alternative to other alignment options. Benefits to choosing Invisalign include:
- Clear aligners. Invisalign offers a discreet solution. The appliance can’t be seen when it’s worn.
- Personal customization. Your orthodontists in Palatine, IL, specially customize the clear Invisalign appliance to move your teeth into their correct position.
- Convenience. Invisalign aligners are not banded or bonded to your teeth, and they are worn for just two weeks per aligner set.
- Comfort. Crafted from a special plastic with smooth edges, your Invisalign trays are designed for comfort and less irritation.
- Fewer diet restrictions. With Invisalign, you can still enjoy hard or chewy foods. However, you do need to remove the aligners when eating or drinking anything other than water.
Reliable and proven consistently effective, Damon self-ligating metal braces allow your orthodontist in Palatine, IL, to align teeth and create a healthy, radiant smile. Like other orthodontic treatments, metal braces offer their own benefits including:
- Functionality. Metal braces correct a variety of issues, including crooked teeth, gaps, and other alignment imperfections.
- Resilience. Advanced technology has allowed the creation and production of stronger, more resilient wires and appliances.
- Less noticeable. These are not your parent’s braces. Today’s metal braces are smaller and less noticeable than ever before.
- Personalization. It’s your color choice — pick a favorite color or even the color of your sports team.
Although both treatments achieve excellent results, for some people, having an option that is virtually invisible is a big part of their decision when it comes to their orthodontic treatment. Wearing Invisalign aligners grants you the freedom to enjoy your favorite food and transform your smile without your friends and loved ones noticing. Our orthodontics office in Palatine, Illinois, can answer any questions you have about Invisalign or metal braces.
If you’re ready to see which orthodontic treatment is right for you, call 847-359-7980 today!
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our orthodontics office in Palatine, IL, would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.