Reopening Our Offices
While many things have changed over the last few months, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the American Dental Association (ADA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff and to remain in compliance with CDS, OSHA and ADA guidelines. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will be extending our hours to compensate.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Our personal protective equipment (PPE) has changed for the time being. As with other practices in Illinois, we have had to source additional PPE that is in short supply around the world and to change procedures so as to reduce aerosols. Some items have been received while others are due to arrive next week.
Therefore, our first day back seeing patients will be Tuesday, May 26th, 2020. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. We will be reaching out to you in the next few days to schedule your next appointment. To be as fair as possible, we will be contacting patients in the order in which they were originally scheduled.
Thank you for being our patient. We wouldn’t be here without you and we value your trust. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Dr. Marty Verbic, DDS, MS